Shagged
I’ve been going out almost everyday since the 8th of Jan. Like, I never rest longer than one day. And I can say that I’ve been going out everyday since the 16th. My goodness, its so physically tiring. I go for interviews, family gatherings (they are never-ending) aka Wee’s family food fest, shopping, outings, blah blah; its no wonder that I’m feeling tired. And it doesn’t help when you can only fall asleep in the wee hours of the morning and hafta wake up like 3 to 4 hours later.
Outings
I love food outings! It’s the best cause I get to eat and I don’t really need to talk and think of what to say. Everybody’s busy eating as well=). Yeah, went down to aljunied the other day to look for claypot with long and tansy, but twas closed. Nonetheless, their zi char stall was quite nice. It’s the kind that you won’t mind going back again. And the best thing is, its quite cheap. Went back for claypot with tansy another day as we were around that area. Its quite confirmed that I’m going back again. Its damn good!
Naked fish with Sher was quite good as well. Other than the fish being a little tad dry, everything was like super worth it. You get a drink, soup of the day with a piece of garlic bread, a main course and a little cocktail for just 7 buckeroos. I couldn’t even finish the fries.
K-ing was fun. I mean, when only two people go together and you get to hold a mike of your own for 5 hours, of cus its fun right! Too bad tansy’s throat aint feeling well, cus I was on good condition that day. Oh oh, we found our favourite duet! As in, we found the duet that we are able to sing damn nice. Its Shan Hu Hai (yes I used to hate that song). I’m Jay Chou and she’s Lara. Hehx I’m gonna start listening to my Zhi Neng Bao Zhe Ni again so I can master singing that song,
Campus concert was not bad at all! Mj don’t organise campus concert, other than that time when they had Zhiyang to come in to sing two songs for the Meridian superstar. But that was only two songs so it doesn’t count! So when I went down to meet Sher for the Campus concert, I was quite taken aback. The people there are damn high cans! And Taufik just belt out super nice songs that make people melt. It was really quite fun. If not for that fact that I was feeling tired, I think I would have gone crazier. Oh, I got a taste of what it feels like to be part of the minority. And I took picture with super hot Carrie Chong! Lol.
Interviews
I dislike interviews. Everytime I go for an interview, I feel like I have to put on a different kind of behaviour, a different kind of act. It cant be help actually, after all, impressions count. We all have to act normal. Not that I aint normal, but I cant be bouncing around and talking rubbish to the interviewer, can I? Actually, I somehow feel that I could go on having interviews forever no matter how much I dislike it because I don’t really feel like starting work as well.
Work
Yes I'm working, contributing to the economy, trying to be someone useful. Oh whtever.
Today is my second day at work and I’m just getting used to it. Doing paperwork is fun cus right now, I aint feel like thinking, I just want routine work. And they are giving that to me, so I’m quite thankful. Most of the time though, I have nothing to do, and I’ll try to keep myself busy. Like clear the desk, explore the files and draw column lines. Reminds me of Country Road days when there are no customers around. Just that this time, I get to sit down. Well in stead of being stationed at the reception area, I was given a cubicle myself. However, my cubicle is right in front of the area where customers so that I can attend to them. My department is called the main office but actually it’s the area where the admin work is done. In the main office there are three rooms where the big bosses work. I’m outside with one of my supervisiors. He hasn’t given me anything to do yet and he’s always not around as he’s always going out to do sales. So I’m usually alone in the main office even thought there’s space for at least 8. Now I understand what Wan Theng means by the position being independent. Yeah I can so tell.
A lady has been giving me work to do when she’s free to come up to the 2nd floor (she’s based on the 1st floor). However, she doesn’t gif proper instructions! I mean, she gif instructions in bits and pieces, she don’t speak coherently, And I have got try to figure out things myself as I don’t have anybody to ask at my level. Calling her is not an idea as she’s so busy she’s always not at her desk. Just today, she lost the letter for the customer! I asked her where she put later but she can’t remember. Well, it seems like it doesn’t really matter as she dint even asked me about it later.
Something amusing happened today morning. I was at my desk when this lady came up to the office. I gave her the “can I help you what you doing here” look and she mumbled something. I thought I heard “I’m Martha”. She then proceeded to the cubicle in front of me and started doing I don’t know what there. I thought she was a previous employee that came to clear her desk so I dint really care. Then after a while, she came to my area and said excuse me and proceeded to use the phone. But before using it, she was fumbling with it. I then realized she took an alcohol wipe out of her bag to wipe the phone! I was like laughing and thinking to myself, this lady has serious issues man. Really, I was so amused I couldn’t even hide my grin. Worst, she seems to wiped the phone for very long and very thoroughly so I was even more amused. After wiping it, she began looking for something in her bad so I was thinking she’s probably looking for a phone number to call. Who knows in the end she pulled out a card and asked me to sign. She’s actually the telephone cleaner. And when I thought I heard “I’m Martha”, she actually said, “MA DIAN HUAI DE”.
I think for a little while longer, I’m going to get tired being bored. The have a really boring management. The average age is 30 plus. The next youngest to me is 25 and over.
School
I hate to admit this, but I miss school.
A lot a lot.
Results
I’m starting to get the creeps. As February approaches, I can’t help but feel scared. Days are passing by so quickly that this is really terrifying. I really do not want to find the Meridian letter on my letter box. The one with our house address in my ugly handwriting. I don’t think I can face my horrible results.
Life
Despite all the above, life is pretty much, empty.
I need more sleep.