Saturday, January 20, 2007

surreal

I’m like listening to Daniel Chan now, and I feel so secondary school.

I used to like Daniel Chan a lot, before he disappear from the surface of the entertainment scene. I hope he doesn’t come back looking like Panda Xiong. And I remember I will buy his album every year. But I only started in secondary school because it was then that I have more moolah and want to buy this kind of things. And listening to him now bought back this familiar feeling, I don’t know what. Feels kind of warm and fuzzy, and surreal all at the same time. That could be because it was exactly the same feeling I had felt during that period of time.

I guess every period in my 18 years of life, it was kind of represented by a significant song ( Sherlyne feels the same!) During primary 5 & 6days were William So’s Wo Wei Ni Shang Xing and Melanie C’s Graduation. Secondary one and two was BBMak’s Ghost of You and Me and Xin Shao Nian Ju Le Bu’s Dang Ni Gu Dan Ni Hui Xiang Qi Shui. Secondary 3 & 4 were mostly Stef Sun and Huang Yida. I can still remember vividly the whole class singing Yu Jian together. And then somebody else will suddenly belt out a Chinese oldie that went like “ Wo mei wang ji ni ni wang ji wo” . And we’ll laugh and sing together again. Those were the days when no one cares about image. Where backstabbing were all time low and everybody’s pretty much carefree. And if you are wondering where does Daniel Chan comes in, I pretty much listen to him since young, so listening to him again bought back quite a lot of memories.

But I can’t find a song to represent my life in Jc. I wonder if its good or bad. Maybe it was because I started to listen to a wider range of music. But I don’t know. Its like I used to listen to First Cut is the Deepest and I’ll think of ChenHui. And now, I cant even find a song to represent my two years in Jc. Don’t tell me the school song represents my stay in Jc very well, it does not. Maybe, there are other things to represent the two yrs and I have not yet realized.

Time passes so quickly and we don’t realize. Things that were once important aint no more. All because of Time.