I had a great time yesterday! First of all, I finally met my cousin. We went for Shrek3 together. My treat! Cus its her birthday. Hehe. The movie wasn’t as funny as I expected it to be though. I was fidgeting throughout the whole movie. Then we went to Bakerzinn after that. I had like linguine with brathsworth sausage, strawberry shortcake and steamed milk. There was complimentary rum and raisin ice cream and my cousin ate it. But I aint complaining! That’s because I ate three courses whereas she only had one dessert! All because she says she wants to save calories. Oh wells. The linguine was good. But the portion was a little small. Maybe its just because I have a huge appetite that’s why I think its not sufficient. The strawberry shortcake was really fresh! I mean, the cream was really fresh. It has a very strong milk taste in it somemore. The sweetness of the cake was complimented by a little tinge of sour due to the slices of strawberry in the cake. Overall, it was delightful.
R came over to meet me after his seminar. Yeah we went gai gai. I shant blog about the bits that will bore you guys. I shall talk about food!!! We went to big O for dinner. I had pan-fried cod fish and he had dirty rice (its actually roasted duck rice). The cod fish was crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside! And the mashed potato and spinach and raisins in the dish are superb when eaten with the fish. The mashed potato was creamy enough and the veggies were sweet =) I don’t know about his dirty rice though. But he said it taste good as well. And then the desserts came. I had no choice, I have to take pictures of it!!!
My “O” My
This is cheesecake with chocolate ice cream. The picture shows that there’s a little cup on the plate and that’s actually Hershey’s syrup. The cheesecake was good but I would say that there’s too much chocolate involved. Eating the cheesecake itself makes me want to melt. Eating the ice cream with the cheesecake makes me melt. However, too much Hershey syrup actually kills the dessert. I think I spilled too much.
The Dark Side
I was fickle and I don’t know which one to choose so he got this so I can try both. This is a CHOCOLATE BOMB. Its really thick! The bottom is chocolate brownie, followed by double chocolate ice cream, cookie chunks and then double chocolate ice cream again! Don’t try this alone!
Need I say more? Its such a sinful indulgence! I would suggest that one dessert to be shared among two. Don’t be kukus like us cus we ordered one each. So it was kind of overwhelming as the chocolates aren’t exactly the kind that could be eaten in large proportions like dark chocolate. However, cant really blame us. Their menu does not have pictures to show their courses.
I’m so satisfied=)