Friday, May 4, 2007

Ill, from the sick perspective

I know I’m falling ill a little too often. And yes, I’m ill again (I shall refrain from using the word sick. According to chrissy, sick is a mental condition). I had a shock on Tuesday when my temperature rose to 38degrees. I don’t get fever often you see. So when it went down on Wednesday, I dint really give it much thought anymore. But the problem is, I dint know my thermometer was spoilt. I think I dropped it too often. So when I thought my temp went down, it didn’t at all. It was still 38 degrees. After much nagging from my mum and R, I finally decided to pay the doctor a visit.

To think that I went to a clinic, not the polyclinic mind you, and I still have to wait for 2 hours. So I was sitting there, sniffing real hard and feeling like shit for 2 hours before it was finally my turn. I was ushered out after less than 5 minutes in the doctor’s room. Then, I continue to wait to get my medicine. Ah, life is a waiting game.

I don’t like to visit doctors. Not because I’m afraid of them or because I’m afraid of taking medicines. I don’t like to visit them because I’ll be stuck in an area full of ill people that look so gloomy and sad that I’ll be feeling even more gloomy and sad. I know I cant expect people to look real happy and cheerful when they are not feeling well but yeah, you get my point. And not only am I stuck in an area full of gloomy and sad people, I’m stuck in an area full of germs. I know I contribute to the germs floating there too but I just don’t like it! And then I have to wait. And wait. And wait and wait and wait. I feel like a selfish asshole but heck. But the worst part is not all of those mentioned above. The main reason why I don’t like to visit doctors, or in this case, don’t want to visit doctors is because my mum dint give me money to see one despite nagging at me to go visit the doctor. So today, 32 buckeroos flew away from my wallet. I can eat Katong Chicken Rice EIGHT times with that money! EIGHT TIMES! Get it?

Right now, I’m mentally awake and physically tired. I just cant bring myself to sleep again after sleeping the whole day. Ok I did do something constructive, like pulling myself out of bed to tuition, looking all grey and gloomy. I had tuition in my “oh, so sexy” voice and I felt like killing my cousin half the time. Restless kid plus ill tutor equals horrible tuition. I actually wanted to cancel tuition since my doctor ordered me to have ample rest but sigh, his exam is taking place next week so I practically have no choice at all. Such a good soul I am. LOL.

And because I was ill, I pangseh-ed sher on weds and tansy today. Felt so bad lar! Sher even called me today and asked me to go out but I aint able to make it. ARGH!

Contract ended last Friday so I spent most of my days at home=) Pure bliss. Stayed in bed most of the time due to lack of energy but I did some reading. Happy cans! It used to be only work and tuition. Now I have time for more things such as reading! Lets see, R bought me two books and I still have 3 books that I have not read so…that means I have lots of reading to do! I can foresee constructive time spent at home!

Received both NTU and NUS letters already. Both schools start in August. That means, I gotta find a job again. Anybody have any lobang to offer, contact me ok!

I have no idea when that time is no longer measured by minutes, hours, days, weeks or months.
Its measured by when I’m going to be able to see R again.