Saturday, April 18, 2009

LAS

My neighbourhood is a very happening place.

You have sepak takraw gang at this particular badminton court every evening. The badminton court hence gained fame and everyone decided to come and play sepak takraw there. Once, there were so many of them from this xyz company that there was at least 7 vans parked along the stretch of road that was next to the court. I was like, wow!

Then you have the bartender, practising his tricks with plastic or foam bottles at the playground downstairs. Throwing, spinning, twisting then catching. He can do whatever. Of cus, he's bound to draw audiences. I once saw this uncle who was supp to be walking his dog, stopping to watch the bartender do his tricks. And the uncle was very blatant about it. He stood like merely two metres away from the bartender and watched him intently.

Then you know, the roller-blading gang. They have lesser meet-ups now, probably cus school have started and stuff. I bet they'll be back when the holidays kicked in.

Not forgetting Romeo, who calls out to Cheryl every evening without fail. He does it so often that Cheryl gets irritated and yet pleased by the attention that he was showering upon her. Sometimes, Cheryl doesnt reply to his calls, and I cant help but be cheeky by shouting "cheryl not home" or smth to him. Btw, Romeo's not his real name. It's a nickname that my brother and I gave him. hee.

Today, a celebration is being held at the 'atrium'. Now now, Malay weddings and Chinese festivals are common. But have you ever seen an Indian festival being held at a void deck before? I'm in awe I tell you. This is my first time witnessing such an event. Pity I dont understand what's going on but they are playing some really festive music which is quite good. There's like pockets of pple gathering ard the atrium trying to figure out what they are doing and stuff. But I got a feeling that half of them sre clueless as to what is happening as well. But this, is racial harmony at its best.

See, there's always something interesting happening. The pigeons and the cats irritate me a lot though, but even they could be interesting - think sleuthing cat trying to pounce on unsuspecting pigeons. Why pigeons I dont knw, cus they are huge. Sparrows could have been better, but guess they are too jittery and too agile.