Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Not used

School has started and it is freaking me out. Suddenly I have things to do. I'm not used to that idea. I'm only for the idea of wanting to do things, not things that require me to do them. Certain things have been screaming for my attention but I choose not to hear them. Many readings. Many many readings. In fact, I think I have been giving almost all my attention to just one particular module. Very unhealthy I know.

I am not used to waking up early. My body alarm is tuned to 11.30am every morning. Even that is early for some.

I am not used to squeezing up the bus in the morning, laptop in hand, bag on arm and frantically trying to tap my bus pass. I am not used to being engulfed in bodies while standing on the bus and trying not to fall. I am definitely not used to being pushed until I feel as if I will fly off from the little spot that I was standing on the bus.

I am not used to less outings.

I am not used to the fact that I dont have time to visit the library anymore. There's no point since I wont have time to read fiction.

This semester is not what I envisioned it to be. It was supposed to be more relaxed, slighly easier and more of a breeze compared to the previous sem. On the contrary, I have more projects even though the modules are slightly easier.It just seem to me that you can't have the best of both worlds(as if we all don't know that)

Anyway, there's a new kid on the block. Ok three new kids but the youngest boy caught my attention. I spied him playing with twigs and making odd noises that sounded like bish bang biang and I, er, replied him with my version of odd noises. And when I bid him goodbye, he blew me a kiss! I was so surprised as there was no one there to prompt him. And then he blew me another! Now boys like that I like. I was having a bad day and a kid made it right for me.


and when we feel empty, we sleep.