I've never felt so good for a long time. Tonight, before I was typing this entry, I was reading a book by Murakami (new Love!) in bed. Few hours before that, I found myself at Yishun Library, surrounded by books by Murakami. Which was a pleasant surprise as most libraries usually have them out on loan. I saw a remark on the cover of a book which describe him as similar to David Lynch. Goodness, David Lynch! Brings back all the memories of Cultural Studies.
Tonight's an unusual night. I hadnt read something that I have enjoyed without worrying about assignments and readings for a very long time. Reason being the recent assignments are due today and readings can always wait till the day I need them. In addition, next week is recess week!True, I have project and presentation to prepare and research upon but it wouldnt hurt to laze around for a while I guess.
The past week(s) has been very eventful. As you may all know, I've got my braces removed thou it wasnt very obvious. I kind of still look the same. I'm wearing my retainers now and I feel as if my teeth cant breathe. I've got myself a new phone, which kind of left me very broke but I love it all the same. I've had it for one week already and yet I've yet to fully explore the functions of the phone due to the busy school week. Just the other day, I found myself in the arcade with R at Suntec since we had nothing much to do and spent one hour there playing games which amount up to $13.50. Chalet was quite fun but draining. I ended up at Cherry Hill when I overslept on the bus on the way home the next day and had to take another bus back home. Times like this, I end up getting frustrated with myself as to how can I allow myself to miss my stop when I'm already so tired. Training last Tuesday was kind of disappointing as only 5 pple turn up. We ended up playing 'old man's' basketball, taking jumpshots (which was a first for me as I thought I was old enuf to not do such stuff alr) and ultimately found ourselves in yy's car, packing up the extra pounds by chilling out at grapevine. As usual, gossip commenced shortly after with pple getting confused over what was termed GG and BG relationships. Tuition was uneventful, nothing much to teach and I ended up doing his art for him while he tried to come up with a salad recipe for Home Econs. Ok I know everything's kind of messy here but I cant really rmb whatcomes first, but they were all memorable in their own way.
Its only February and it seems like everybody's having a party of some sort to mark their phase into adulthood. Personally, I dont find a need to celebrate it by having a big get up as there's nothing happy about being an adult. You know, more responsibilities and that sort of thing. Normal celebration will do, after all, age is jsut a social construction. Then again, isn't everything?