I feel as if my nose is going to drop off. How on earth did I get a cold in such hot weather, I do not know.
Anyway, I saw an interesting sight when walking home today. The kids in my neighbourhood must have form a playgroup somehow. There was a boy on a bicycle and he was cycling down a slope(quite gentle). Behind him, there was a kid on rollerblades, squatting down and holding on to the back of his bike. And behind the kid on rollerblades, there was another kid holding on to his shoulders and was on rollerblades too. And another. And another. All in all, I guessed there were around 7 or 8? Some weren’t even squatting. They were standing, or kind of half squatting. Now imagine them zoom right in front of you. Amazing sight isn’t it?
I literally stopped in my tracks and see how far they can zoom and how they were going to er, crash =D They only went a few metres further and those directly behind the bicycle were squashed when the bicycle stopped. Some rolled away in an attempt to save themselves, others flew off. It was quite a hilarious sight. Luckily no injuries.
I was smiling. It kind of reminded me of my childhood but I don’t think I was ever so reckless. Ok maybe I did. I used to crash my bicycle everywhere in the neighbourhood with Yoggi and Bernice. Never tried blading thou. Don’t even know if I can still fit into my blades. It has been in the storeroom, untouched for a very long time. Since sec 2 or 3 I guess. The last time I ‘roller blad-ed’ was with the Netballers. It was quite fun. We fell down a lot. And we laughed a lot too. That was about 5 or 6 years ago.
I’m feeling nostalgic. And a little sad.